- Logs into JAIN (Job and Internship Employer Network) and requests a student intern.
- Provides a learning environment and appropriate tasks for the student.
- Offers training and guidance to the student.
- Meets with the student's instructor at the beginning and end of the semester to set goals and to evaluate the student's progress.
- Verifies that required hours have been completed by the student.
- Complies with the expectations outlined in the Employer Letter.
- Qualifies and finds an internship on JAIN.
- Develops workplace learning objectives with the instructor.
- Meets with the instructor at the internship site twice during the semester. (At the beginning of the internship and at the end of the semester)
- Completes monthly hours reports on Canvas verifying time worked. For each unit of credit, students must intern a minimum of 60 non-paid hours or 75 paid hours.
- Completes required assignments.
- Adheres to the program requirements as outlined in the Syllabus.
- Submits assignments and monthly hours reports via Canvas. Please contact the Student Help Desk or the Career Center if you need assistance.
- Completes the Student Orientation.
- Serves as the teacher of record and faculty mentor for the enrolled student.
- Develops workplace learning objectives with the student and signs the Training Agreement with the internship site supervisor.
- Meets with the student twice during the semester.
- Ensures completion of required Title 5 forms.
- Reviews the student's work, evaluates accomplishment of learning objectives, verifies that required hours have been completed, assigns a grade, and documents SLO's.
- Reviews the Canvas class and meets with Donna Davis.