How To Get Your Concern Resolved
1. Answer these questions first:
- What's the problem?
- What do you want to happen?
- Who is the appropriate person to talk to?
- Start by addressing the person directly.
- Contact the peron's supervisor to request support.
- After addressing the person and their supervisor, and you still have concerns, please complere a CARE referral form.
2. Next, prepare yourself to act
- Collect information about what happened
3. Have a two-way conversation
- Make a face-to-face appointment
- Talk, listen and take notes on the discussion
- Try to keep a professional decorum
- Ask about what steps are next
4. Follow the chain of communication
- If necessary, contact a supervisor by consulting the Quick Reference List
5. If all else fails
- If you have clarifying questions about the process or feel punished by anyone along the way, contact The Office of Student Affairs at 760.757.2121 x2620.