The Textbook Loan Program (TLP) is a free service to eligible MiraCosta college students. Our goal is to assist as many eligible students as possible. However, please be informed that our inventory is limited and we may not have any of the books you request.
The program is located at the Oceanside Campus, Building 3500, Room 3514. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, access to the Textbook Loan Program room and its inventory will be restricted.
Important TLP Application Dates
If you received textbooks from the Textbook Loan Program this Summer 2020, they are due back the week of final examinations. In order to avoid a hold on your records, all books must be returned by Friday, August 14th. If you have questions regarding our hours of operation, please call us at 760.757.2121 x6421 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
The application for Fall 2020 is now available through your SURF account. You must be enrolled in Fall 2020 semester classes before you can apply. The Textbook Loan Program will begin to review and process applications for Fall 2020 starting Monday, August 3rd.
The Textbook Loan Program does not provide textbook access codes.
- Use a desktop computer or laptop (the application is not accessible on mobile devices) and visit www.miracosta.edu.
- Click on SURF.
- Click on the "Log In" tile and enter your SURF ID and password.
- On your Student Center window, click the "Manage Classes" tile.
- To learn the name, author, and edition of the books you will need, click the “Booklist” link. To access the Textbook Loan Application, click the “Book Loan” link. Both links are found below the listing of any class in which you are enrolled.
- When you access the Textbook Loan Application, complete the following sections:
- Goal and Income Information
- Book Request Detail
- List required textbook only. You may list up to 6 books, but may only be loaned one or two. The Textbook Loan
- Program does not have textbooks that are one-time-use or online access codes.
- Electronic Signature (use the format below)
- Last Name, First Name
- Click on SAVE to send your application.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation with detailed information.
Application Review Process
We begin to process textbook loan applications two weeks before the start of each term/semester. Once your application is processed, you will receive an e-mail notification with the status of your application.
If we have textbooks available to loan you, you will have 5 business days to pick them up from the time the e-mail notification is sent. Approved textbooks that are not picked up within 5 business days, will be made available to other students.
Location / Office Hours
- The Textbook Loan Program Office is located at the Oceanside Campus, Building 3500, Room 3514.
- Hours of operation vary. Please call 760.757.2121 x6421 to inquire.