RAFFY (Resources & Assistance for Former Foster Youth) is a MiraCosta College program that arose out of a state wide initiative, designed to assist potential college students emancipated out of the foster care system.
How Can RAFFY Help You?
If you are a current Foster Youth (or a Former Foster Youth), the RAFFY Program provides many services which are outlined below, but the most important service is that of your RAFFY Liaison. A Liaison is someone who understands your situation, will be sensitive to your needs & challenges and is a person who will equip you to help you succeed in college and beyond.
- Consistent commitment by highly trained RAFFY program staff.
- Assistance with the MiraCosta College application process.
- Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which may include
- California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
- Pell Grant
- Guardian Scholars Scholarship
- Academic Counseling.
- Personal Counseling.
- Assistance with priority acceptance into the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
(EOPS) application process, which may include:
- Priority registration
- Book services
- Grant assistance
- First-time college student Summer Block Program
- Bus Pass
- Housing referrals.
- Assistance with Medi-Cal applications.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Semester events; Pizza parties, Bowling.
Donate to RAFFY
Mail a Check
MiraCosta College Foundation
ATTN: RAFFY Program Donation
1 Barnard Drive, MS 7
Oceanside, CA 92056
Select RAFFY on the dropdown box under "I want to support".
For more information on the RAFFY program, please contact one of the individuals below:
- Jaymie Gonzaga
- Cindy Arce
Interim Student Services Coordinator, Academic Success & Equity (ASE) Programs
- Yesenia Balcazar
EOPS Faculty Director
Resources and Assistance for Former Foster Youth (RAFFY) is a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at email@example.com or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.