RAFFY (Resources & Assistance for Former Foster Youth) is a MiraCosta College program that arose out of a state wide initiative, designed to assist potential college students emancipated out of the foster care system.
How Can RAFFY Help You?
If you are a current Foster Youth (or a Former Foster Youth), the RAFFY Program provides many services which are outlined below, but the most important service is that of your RAFFY Liaison. A Liaison is someone who understands your situation, will be sensitive to your needs & challenges and is a person who will equip you to help you succeed in college and beyond.
- Consistent commitment by highly trained RAFFY program staff.
- Assistance with the MiraCosta College application process.
- Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which may include
- California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
- Pell Grant
- Guardian Scholars Scholarship
- Academic Counseling.
- Personal Counseling.
- Assistance with priority acceptance into the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
(EOPS) application process, which may include:
- Priority registration
- Book services
- Grant assistance
- First-time college student Summer Block Program
- Bus Pass
- Housing referrals.
- Assistance with Medi-Cal applications.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Semester events; Pizza parties, Bowling.
Donate to RAFFY
Mail a Check
MiraCosta College Foundation
ATTN: RAFFY Program Donation
1 Barnard Drive, MS 7
Oceanside, CA 92056
Select RAFFY on the dropdown box under "I want to support".
RAFFY is one of the Academic Success & Equity (ASE) programs. ASE programs offer professional development workshops and promote a career and life planning course open to all ASE students. These curricular and co-curricular offerings promote and help students make effective decisions regarding their career and life choices, increasing their employability.
For more information on the RAFFY program, please contact one of the individuals below:
- Jaymie Gonzaga
- Cindy Arce
Student Services Coordinator, Academic Success & Equity (ASE) Programs
- Yesenia Balcazar
EOPS Faculty Director
Resources and Assistance for Former Foster Youth (RAFFY) is a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.