Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
The Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is a highly selective scholarship for the nation’s top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor’s degrees at four-year colleges or universities. Each Cooke Scholar has access to generous financial support for two to three years, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to connect with the thriving community of fellow scholars. Learn more about this scholarship by reading the frequently asked questions or watching the program overview video.
- Sophomore Status
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2021, or a recent graduate (since spring 2016).
- Fall College Enrollment
- Plan to enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2021.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.50 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000.
No Previous Enrollment or Attendance
- Students who have enrolled or attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
This Highly Competitive Scholarship Provides
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to a four-year college and maximize the student experience.
Opens: August 1st, 2020
Deadline: January 6th, 2021
Project LIKE Comunity Engagement Scholarship
In order to be eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled at MiraCosta as a student in at least 6 units for Fall 2020
- Have a MiraCosta Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have completed a minimum of 15 volunteer hours with MCC Project LIKE over Summer 2020 semester
- Complete reflection essay and submit a service learning volunteer report card
Opens: October 28th, 2020
Deadline: November 30th, 2020
Beckman-Matsui Fall 2020 RAFFY Scholarship
- Be part of the RAFFY Program
- Have completed 6 units or more
- Enrolled in 6 units or more
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial Transcript
Deadline: November 9, 2020