Fall 2023 Scholarships Open Now
Close September 30, 2023!
Drop in tor one of our upcoming workshops and get help filling out your application or writing your personal statement.
September 19, 3-4:30pm
Oceanside Campus, Room 4611
MiraCosta Annual Scholarship
Over 200 scholarhsips available! The MiraCosta Annual Scholarship offers hundreds of scholarship opportunities. Students fill out one application and can potentially be matched with multiple scholarships. Criteria for individual scholarships may vary, the minimum requirements are listed below.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in 6 units or more
Thanks to the generosity of The Bernard Osher Foundation, California Community College students may apply for an Osher Scholarship. Osher Scholars can receive up to $650 per semester for a total of $1,300 per year. Scholarships may be renewed in subsequent terms for eligible students as long as you continue to meet all of the required criteria.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in 6 units or more
- Must have completed 24 or more degree applicable units at MiraCosta at the time of application
- Must be eligible for the CA College Promise Grant (CCPG)
Winski Family Scholarship
This is a renewable scholarship that awards $500 per semester (fall and spring), with
a maximum of $2,000 over
four (4) consecutive semesters. Renewal is based on meeting the stated criteria of maintaining full-time
enrollment with a GPA of 3.0 or better each semester.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must plan to enroll full-time each semester
- A Letter of Recommendation from an instructor, counselor or staff members required
- Priority will be given to first year students
Program/Major Based Scholarships
Brother Benno Foundation EOPS Scholarship
This scholarship is for students who wish to apply for the Brother Benno Foundation EOPS Scholarship who are active EOPS student for the current semester.
- Must have a 2.0 GPA
CLC Scholarship (Scholarship application for Non-Credit Students)
This scholarship is for students who have recently attended or are currently attending classes through our Community Learning Center. The MCC Foundation provides assistance to deserving noncredit Adult High School, English as a Second Language, High School Equivalency (HSE), and Adult Basic Education students who plan to continue their education at MiraCosta College. Scholarships are available for both full-time and part-time students.
Dia De Los Muertos (DDLM) Scholarship
Closes October 27, 2023
- Student participated in the Dia De Los Muertos (DDLM) Planning Committee and provided at least 2-4 hours a week in coordinating any of our three campuses DDLM events (verified hours through Service-Learning)
- Must be a current student (at any MiraCosta campus CLC, Oceanside or San Elijo) enrolled in at least 6 units for Fall 2023
- Collaborate with the DDLM Planning Committee, helping to design and facilitate MiraCosta College DDLM programs and events held this year on November 2, 2023, at the Oceanside, Community Learning Center and San Elijo campuses. This includes event planning, preparation, and execution and may include leading specific programs for the event(s).
- Serve as a leader in recruiting student voice and engagement with DDLM planning and programming.
- Attend regular DDLM meetings
Friends of Dance Scholarship
Closes October 30, 2023
- This scholarship is for students in Dance at MiraCosta College with a 2.0 GPA or higher, who demonstrate financial need.
- Must be currently enrolled at MiraCosta College in 6 units or more that includes a dance class.
- Majoring in Dance, double majoring in dance, or pursuing a Dance Certificate program.
- A letter of recommendation from a MiraCosta dance instructor is required and is completed online.
MCC GANAS Scholarship
- Must be an AB540 student or come from a mixed status family. Students must complete 15 hours of community service and track service hours through the Service Learning Office.
- MiraCosta students who participate in UPRISE Program
- These scholarships are for students at MiraCosta College with a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher who demonstrate financial need.
- Must be enrolled in 6 units or more.
- Qualified candidates must be former foster youth participating in the RAFFY* program.
NF2 rare Disease Scholarships
- Award to a student or someone with a family member who is affected by a rare disease or genetic condition.
Stephen "HAP" L'Heureux Scholarship
- Student must be enrolled in the MiraCosta Biomanufacturing Bachelor's Degree.
- Students must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA, in order to be eligible and remain eligible for renewable award.
- Students must also demonstrate financial need and be a North County Resident.
- Preference will be granted to the following: Single Parent, Active in Community Service, Veteran or Disabled Veteran.
international/Study Abroad Scholarships
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program provides scholarships for students planning to study or intern abroad. Visit their website for more information.
- Application Deadline – Thursday, October 5, 2023
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States
- An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education
in the U.S.
Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or during the term of their study abroad program or internship
- In the process of applying to, or accepted to, a credit-bearing study abroad or internship programin a country or location with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System.
Study California international Student Scholarships
Each fall, Study California awards a scholarship to five international students planning to continue at a Study California member institution. Visit their website for more information.
- Applications are open from October 1 – 31, 2023.
- Open to international students studying on a F1 student visa intending to continue full-time in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or graduate) at a Study California member institution.
- Must have a minimum cumulative/overall GPA of 3.0 in their most recent academic program.