MiraCosta College receives many solicitations to post scholarship information on our website. Because these solicitations come from various entities and it is difficult to discern what is a legitimate opportunity versus a scam, our office has partnered with iGrad to filter the scholarship opportunities submitted to this office.
- Students: To search current scholarships, go to iGrad Scholarship Search
- Outside Organizations: Submit your organizations’ scholarship by completing the iGrad Scholarship Submission Form
Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
The Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is a highly selective scholarship for the nation’s top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor’s degrees at four-year colleges or universities. Each Cooke Scholar has access to generous financial support for two to three years, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to connect with the thriving community of fellow scholars.
- Sophomore Status
Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2021, or a recent graduate (since spring 2016).
- Fall College Enrollment
Plan to enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2021.
Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.50 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Financial Need
Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000.
- No Previous Enrollment or Attendance
Students who have enrolled or attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
This Highly Competitive Scholarship Provides
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to a four-year college and maximize the student experience.
Opens: August 1st, 2020
Deadline: January 6th, 2021