MiraCosta College receives many solicitations to post scholarship information on our website. Because these solicitations come from various entities and it is difficult to discern what is a legitimate opportunity versus a scam, our office has partnered with iGrad to filter the scholarship opportunities submitted to this office.
- Students: To search current scholarships, go to iGrad Scholarship Search
- Outside Organizations: Submit your organization's scholarship by completing the iGrad Scholarship Submission Form
Caners Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarship for students enrolled in 6 units or more within a nursery related program.
- Requires two letters of recommendation and transcripts
Deadline: March 2021
The San Diego Foundation Scholarship
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Even if you’re not a straight-A, star athlete or student body president, we have scholarship opportunities if you have:
- Commitment to your education
- Potential for success in college
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Participation in community service, extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Current residence in San Diego County (for at least one year)
- Need of help to pay for school (including middle-income families)
- A completed FAFSA or CA Dream Act and Student Aid Report (SAR). This is necessary
for all applicants. Recommendation: Please start ASAP as this information is needed
to fill out the application.
The 2021-2022 academic year for FAFSA opens October 1.
Opens: December 2, 2020
Deadline: February 3, 2021 (2:00 p.m.)
Applicants notified: By June 1, 2021
Community Scholarships Criteria
Community Scholarships Program Flyer (English and Spanish)
Common Scholarship Application Step-by-Step Guide
Common Scholarship Application Practice Application 2021-2022
Check out Tips for a Competitive Scholarship Application (PDF)
If you have a question regarding the Common Scholarship Application, please contact email@example.com
California Strawberry Scholarships
Scholarships available exclusively for children of strawberry farm workers
- Enrolled full time
- Must be a child of a California Strawberry field worker.
Scholarships start at $200 and can be renewed annually
Deadline: February 1, 2021