Easy Ways to Transfer and Earn a Bachelor's Degree
1) MiraCosta College - UC Irvine University Pathway Program
The MiraCosta-University of California, Irvine University Pathway Program is a unique international Transfer Agreement Guarantee (I-TAG) provides international students starting at MiraCosta College a path towards earning a university degree at a world-class institution. Program Details Flyer (Coming Soon!)
To apply for the MiraCosta-University of California, Irvine University Pathway Program, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Complete the MiraCosta College International Student Application Process.
- Step 2: Complete the I-TAG Supplemental Application.
- Step 3: Mail the I-TAG Supplemental Application and all of the following documents
to the address listed below:
- Copy of passport
- Official high school transcript and certificate of graduation from high school with English translation Original Documents are required. We cannot return original documents once they have been submitted
- Official transcripts in English from all colleges and universities attended. We cannot return original documents once they have been submitted
- Proof of English skills such as TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based test/133 on the computer-based test/ 46 on the iBT. Please note that Institutional TOEFL will not be considered for admission purposes. If you have not taken a TOEFL test, you can get information on the next available test through the official TOEFL web site. When requesting your TOEFL scores to be sent directly to MiraCosta, please use MiraCosta's institution code 4582. Click here for list of English language schools that meet TOEFL requirement.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility: the financial statement needs to show funds listed under the Estimated Cost of Living
- One or two letters of recommendations from former/current instructors
- Statement of purpose: the statement of purpose (1-2 pages) needs to describe your prior education and explain why you wish to study at MCC, including your educational or professional goals
- If currently in United States, you need to show proof of your immigration status and complete the Transfer Clearance Form
Need More Information? Sign up for further information on the MiraCosta - UC Irvine University Pathway Program
2) The American 2+2 University Pathway (sample schools with university transfer programs)
Click the university below for details on international student transfer requirements.
- UC Irvine
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Santa Cruz
- UC Davis
- UC Merced
- San Diego State University
- Cal State University San Marcos
3) Partnership with Point Loma Nazarene University
Get a bachelor’s degree while staying at MiraCosta College through partnership with Point Loma Nazarene University (PLNU) in business administration, child development and now computer information technology.
What International Students Have Said About Their Transfer Experience
Ghaidan from Yemen
"I received admissions from UC Berkeley, UCSD, UCLA, Georgia Institute of Technology and Washington University in St. Louis. I strongly believe that the quality of the classes at MiraCosta are excellent that prepared me for junior and senior level courses."
Ghaidan, transferred to Washington University in St. Louis to complete a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering.
Sayuri from Japan
“I chose MiraCosta because of the low tuition fees. I was able to improve my English skills and complete my transfer program in business because of the great support I received from professors
Sayuri began taking English as a SecondLanguage (ESL) classes at MiraCosta College, and went on to earned the college's Medal of Honor and transferred to San Diego State University with a $6,000 transfer scholarship to complete a bachelor degree in Business.
Charlotte from Sweden
"MiraCosta has excellent professors that encourage student to become critical thinkers. I met so many wonderful people from different backgrounds at MiraCosta that have really changed the way I look at the world.”
Charlotte transferred to San Francisco State University to complete a bachelor’s degree in Print and Broadcast Journalism.
Soo Hyun from Korea
“For two years, MiraCosta helped me to reach my ultimate goal, transferring to University of California at Berkeley. MiraCosta has extremely wonderful professors, who always want to help you. You will accomplish your dream if you take advantage of all the great programs that MiraCosta offers."
Soo Hyun from Korea, transferred to UC Berkeley to complete a bachelor's degree in English.