The MiraCosta Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Learning Center provides free online tutoring (both drop-in and scheduled appointments) for students in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and most courses in Astronomy, Oceanography, Earth Science, Geology, Horticulture, and Physical Science.
NOTE: While there is an "m" in STEM, support for mathematics is through the Math Learning Center where you can find help with Mathematics, Statistics, and Philosophy 110 courses.
Get Tutoring Now: access live drop-in tutoring or use virtual study rooms (individual and group); Join Us On Canvas: drop off a question and find other resources; or Make a Scheduled Appointment below.
New for Fall 2020
- Now open late night (Mon - Thurs) and convenient weekend hours (Fri, Sat, and Sun)
- We now offer question drop off in Canvas.
- We offer online breakout rooms for individual or group study - use the "Get Tutoring Now" button above to get a space for you, or for you and some classmates. Then, if you have a question, you can click a button and typically get a tutor in less than a minute. We think you'll love this new feature!
- You may now be able to record tutoring sessions to your computer for review later. This does depend on your computer and zoom account and is currently not available on mobile devices (tablets/cell phones).
- We now offer up to 4 scheduled appointments per week - 25 minutes each.
- Facilitated group/course sessions - offered most Fridays, except Holidays.
If the STEM Center can't support your course, try our general tutoring web page. If our service hours don't work for you, please contact us through email and we will do our best to respond to your specific requests for additional or different hours (include your name, course, and some specific days/times that would work better for you). For other after hours support through some partner programs outside of MiraCosta College, try eTutoring or NetTutor.