Yoga Instructor (300 Hours) Certificate
The Yoga Instructor 300-hour certificate prepares students to meet the requirements to become a 500-hour registered yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. This comprehensive and wisdom-based program uses anatomy and physiology as well as English and Sanskrit terminology to provide students with both a broad background and practical experience in the essential elements of yoga. Completion of the program prepares students for employment in health clubs, spas, yoga studios, hospitals, and the health industry as well as for self-employment as yoga instructors.
Courses required for the MiraCosta College Yoga Instructor (300 Hours) Certificate: (12-14 units)
- BUS 130 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- KINE 149 Yoga Teacher Training Integration
- KINE 154 Intermediate Yoga
- KINE 155 Advanced Yoga
- KINE 159 Yoga Teacher Training Implementation
- KINE 292 Internship Studies or KINE 299 Occupational Cooperative Work Experience
Petitioning to Receive the MiraCosta College Yoga Instructor (300 Hours) Certificate
During the semester of completion of the program, students need to:
- Complete the Certificate form and submit to the Admissions & Records by the 30% deadline
of the final semester leading to your graduation (The deadline is listed in the Class
Schedule each term. Students intending to graduate during the summer intersession
may submit their petition during the spring semester.): miracosta.edu/KINE
Note: Official transcripts from all colleges attended (or concurrently attending), approved substitutions and waivers, educational plans, and any other necessary documents for the Certificate of Achievement must be on file in the Counseling Office or Admissions and Records Office before a student submits their petition. Petitions submitted after the deadline are automatically processed in the subsequent term.
Note: If you have any questions regarding the procedure for MiraCosta College, please contact: Admissions & Records at 760.795.6620 or the Counseling Office at 760.795.6670.
- Complete at least 100 hours of documented teaching experience recorded in your Yoga Alliance account, post completion of training from a RYS 200 or RYS 300.
- Register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (500-hour). See steps below. https://www.yogaalliance.org
Steps for Registering with Yoga Alliance ® as a Registered Yoga Teacher (500-Hour)
- Create an Account / Access Your Account
If your Registered Yoga School (RYS ®) created an account for you, you should have received an email inviting you to register with Yoga Alliance ®, with a link to reset your password and access your account. o Alternately, you can create an account yourself. Enter your basic information (name, email, password) to create a new account. Either way works and will lead you to Step 2, below!
- Submit Your Training Program Information
- From your new account dashboard, click on “Register Now” under Teacher Registration.
- Select your desired designation to show the registration Requirements for that designation.
- Enter your training program details: Select the designation of the training you completed. Enter the start and end date of the training. Identify your RYS. Enter the name of the school where you completed your training.
- Select your RYS from the list of schools. If you are registering as RYT 500 and your RYS appears as invalid, please confirm whether your school is a RYS 300 or a RYS 500. Upload an electronic copy of your certificate. Browse for your file. The file size of your certificate may be up to 12 MB and must be in an acceptable format (PDF, JPG, GIF or PNG). § Send Request. Use the “Send Request” button to submit your Program Confirmation Request to your RYS.
- Enter your teaching hours if applying for RYT 500:
Except for RYT 200, all designations require teaching hours for registration or upgrade. The teaching hour Requirements for the designation you selected will be shown in the teaching hours section. Please note teaching hours must be entered with a start and end date after the completion of your first RYS training program. You can enter teaching hours in groups by date range or class type.
- Wait for RYS Confirmation
- Your RYS must confirm that you completed training. When you submit your Program Confirmation Request your RYS will be notified. Once someone from your RYS confirms you completed the school’s yoga teacher training program, you will be notified via email and invited to complete your registration.
- Pay Fees: When you’re ready to complete your registration, login to your account to pay your membership fees. Click the green “Pay Now” button to submit payment by credit card or PayPal (we do not accept checks, cash or money orders).
- Review Your RYS
Once your payment has been processed, click the “Review Now” button to complete a survey of your RYS. If you do not complete the review immediately after submitting your payment, you can return to your dashboard and the “Review Now” button will appear. Your registration is not complete until you have filled out a review of your training.
- Publish Your Profile
You must publish your profile in order to appear in the Yoga Alliance Directory. You will be prompted to edit your profile when you complete your review. To edit your profile at a later time, use the My Profile link on your teacher dashboard.
Set your privacy settings to public, including your first and last name. Note: If you have any questions regarding the Yoga Alliance® procedure, please contact: 1.888.921.9642 or email email@example.com.