MiraCosta College offers a timely challenge process to a student who feels s/he should be allowed to override a mandatory requisite for any of the grounds listed below [Title 5-55201(f)]:
- The student has the knowledge or ability to succeed in the course or program without meeting the prerequisite or corequisite;
- The student will be subject to undue delay in attaining the goal of his or her educational plan because the prerequisite or corequisite course has not been made reasonably available.
- The prerequisite or corequisite is either unlawfully discriminatory or is being applied in an unlawfully discriminatory manner;
- The prerequisite or corequisite has not been established in accordance with the district's process for establishing prerequisites and corequisites;
- The prerequisite or corequisite is in violation of Title 5;
If the challenge is upheld, the student will be allowed to enroll in the course or program - providing a space was available when the challenge was filed. Specific information concerning the challenge procedure is available in the Admissions and Records offices on both campuses as well as in the college catalog.