myEdPlan is MiraCosta’s online degree audit and student education planning tool for counselors and students. myEdPlan allows counselors and students to generate degree audits which show progress toward satisfying degree, certificate, and general education requirements in the student’s declared program of study.
Using myEdPlan, counselors can create comprehensive semester-by-semester education plans which students can access online, 24x7, via SURF. These online education plans can be referenced by students each semester as they plan their class schedules, and can also be used to track individual student progress toward completing educational goals.
Schedule an appointment with your counselor to develop an approved semester-by-semester abbreviated or comprehensive online education plan.
Introduction to myEdPlan
How to Access myEdPlan
- Navigate to https://surf.miracosta.edu
- Login to SURF
- Navigate to the Student Center, and select MyEdPlan
- Student Helpdesk - For how-to videos and troubleshooting
- Student Quick Reference Guide
- Make an appointment with a counselor
- To get an online abbreviated or comprehensive ed plan
- For help interpreting, understanding, or correcting your degree audit or online ed plan
- Firefox is the recommended browser. You may experience issues with Chrome or Internet Explorer (depending on the version).
- External credit (classes taken at other schools), prerequisites classes, and transfer preparation requirements will NOT be included on your degree audit.
- A student created online ed plan must be approved by a counselor to count as your abbreviated or comprehensive ed plan. You must make an appointment with a counselor to have your ed plan approved.
- Your major, GE pattern, and catalog year may need updating in the system. You can update your official major, GE pattern, and Catalog Year with the school in a counseling appointment, or by submitting a Change of Major form to the Admissions and Records office.