Honors Research Conferences
The Honors Program strongly believes that the experience of conference participation is one of the single-most beneficial activities of an academic career. The ability to present at research conferences is open to all MiraCosta College students, however some external conferences will require membership in the Honors Program. The Honors Program participates in five honors conferences, including our own OMNI each year. Conference presentation can fulfill the Honors Program PSLOs:
- PSLO 1: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students will have learned and applied discipline-specific research skills.
- PSLO 2: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students will be able to evaluate and apply their communication skills in pursuit of academic and career options.
- PSLO 3: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students, as global citizens, will understand the value of equity and diversity in solving problems.
What is the OMNI Research Showcase?
The OMNI Research Showcase is hosted by the Honors Program. OMNI provides opportunities in the Fall and Spring for students who are pursuing individual research, scholarly and creative projects to present those projects in a public forum. All projects can be presented in a poster session format or an oral presentation. All MiraCosta students who have completed research, scholarly and creative projects are eligible to participate.
The entire college is invited to attend. This is an opportunity to see MiraCosta students at their best.
Due to COVID-19, Spring 2022 OMNI will be a hybrid model. We plan to have have sessions in person on Wednesday afternoon at the San Elijo campus and on Friday morning at the Community Learning Center. Online sessions will take place on Wednesday morning and all day Thursday.
Spring 2022 Program
Fall 2021 Program
- Conference Opportunities 2021-2022
- See example presentations on the Honors YouTube page!
- See example posters
- Some additional resources for poster design include: