2022-23 Honors Classes coming soon
- Visit our Conference Corner
- Honors Conference Calendar for 2021-22
- See example presentations on the Honors YouTube page!
Program Calendars And Information
Add our Google Calendar below to stay up-to-date!
How do I become a Certified Honors Student?
Students who complete these requirements earn the designation of “Certified Honors Scholar" on their MiraCosta College transcript, and receive special regalia and distinction at commencement ceremonies.
- Engage in a minimum two semesters of active participation in the Honors Program at MiraCosta College, maintaining all behaviors required of honors students
- Achieve an overall 3.25 GPA
- Complete 15 units of honors coursework with a grade of "C" or better
- Some honors courses from other colleges may be counted upon request and verification
- Up to two honors courses may be taken as Pass/No Pass option (discuss with Transfer Center prior to choosing this option)
- Up to three honors courses may be completed as Honors Contracts
- Participate in a minimum 20 verified hours of honors enrichment activities
- Complete the Honors Certification form and submit it to the Honors Office by the annual deadline