Fall 2021 Honors Classes
- PHIL 101H #5256 - ONLINE, Kyle Thompson
- HIST 115H #3254 - ONLINE, Lesley Doig
- ENGL 201H #4283 - ZOOM + ONLINE Tu 11:00am-12:15pm, Jane Mushinksy
- PSYC 101H #5369 - ONLINE, Coral Bruni
- PHSN 108H #5372 - ZOOM TuTh 9:00-10:15am, Jonathan Cole
- ART 260H #5326 - ONLINE, Leah Cluff
Spring 2022 Honors Classes (Subject to Change)
- ANTH 101H - Biological Anthropology
- ENGL 202H - Critical Thinking and Composition
- FILM 112H - Film History II: 1945-Present
- LIBR 201H - Media & Information Literacy
- PLSC 101H - Introduction to Political Science
- RELG 101H - World Religions
- SOC 101H - Introduction to Sociology
- Visit our Conference Corner
- Honors Conference Calendar for 2021-22 coming soon
- See example presentations on the Honors YouTube page!
Program Calendars And Information
Add our Google Calendar below to stay up-to-date!
How do I become a Certified Honors Student?
Students who complete these requirements earn the designation of “Certified Honors Scholar" on their MiraCosta College transcript, and receive special regalia and distinction at commencement ceremonies.
- Engage in a minimum two semesters of active participation in the Honors Program at MiraCosta College, maintaining all behaviors required of honors students
- Complete 15 units of honors coursework with a grade of "C" or better
- Some honors courses from other colleges may be counted upon request and verification
- Up to two honors courses may be taken as Pass/No Pass option (discuss with Transfer Center prior to choosing this option)
- Up to three honors courses may be completed as Honors Contracts
- Participate in a minimum 20 verified hours of honors enrichment activities
- Complete the Honors Certification form and submit it to the Honors Office by the annual deadline