MiraCosta College has a strong history of collaborative planning and decision making. The Long-Term Planning Framework demonstrates not only that collaborative nature, but the importance that the College places on the review of quantitative and qualitative data, the adoption of evidence-based practices, and an evaluation of those practices with an eye toward continuous improvement. The Long-Term Planning Framework takes the place of the College’s Comprehensive Master Plan that expired in 2020 and outlines the basic relationship between the foundational tenets of the College (mission, vision, values and commitment) and the goals and strategies that are developed to make those foundational principles a reality from 2020-2026.
Rather than developing a separate strategic plan to achieve these goals, strategies with measurable outcomes will be developed within each of the College’s existing plans. Plans may align with one or more goals of the framework. Additionally, there may be some strategies conceived to address the goals that may not fit in any particular existing plan and may require the development of additional planning documents. The goals can also be addressed with strategies at the department or division level through the College’s integrated planning process, which includes program review and the development of action plans that may align with a particular institutional goal.
Institutional Planning Documents
Long-term Planning Framework
- Long-term Planning Framework (2020-2026)
Comprehensive Master Plan
- 2011 Comprehensive Master Plan Executive Summary (6.4.12)
- MCCD Comprehensive Master Plan: 2011-2020 (11/15/2011)
- 2011 Comprehensive Master Plan Document Appendix (11.15.2011)
MCCD Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan 2014-2017 (7/1/2016)
Archived Progress on Strategic Plan
Student Learning Outcomes
- MiraCosta College Mission, Institutional Goals, and Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Faculty Handbook