We offer job search support through our free workshops on researching and identifying employment opportunities, preparing professional resumes and cover letters, and interviewing techniques. We also offer access to a number of web-based employment sites, and a variety of electronic resources. If you'd like to attend a workshop or make an appointment with a staff member, chat live with a Career Peer, email, or call 760.795.6772.
- Template for a 1-Minute Commercial
- Interview Tips & Questions: Includes Tips for Interviewing, Sample Interview Questions, Scenarios, and Questions to Ask During the Interview.
Employment Search Engines
- Glass Door - jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies.
- Indeed.com - Search jobs by part- or full-time status, title, industry, or city
- JustJobs - Search jobs by title and city and get job search advice
- Monster - Entry level jobs for college graduates and career blogs and advice
- SimplyHired – Search jobs by category, title, or city
- SnagAJob.com - Hourly (part-time) employment; search by ZIP code
- Zippia - Explore future job demand by industry
- Zip Recruiter- Search for jobs, salary calculators and job market insights
Industry-Specific and Specialty Sites
- Care.com - Child care, tutoring & senior care jobs
- EdJoin.org - Education, Teaching, and other jobs working for San Diego County Schools (payroll, health services tech, etc.)
- FitnessJobs.com - Fitness Industry jobs
- High Tech Industry (DICE) - Technical employment jobs
- Teacher Certification Degrees - Teaching Jobs Board
- Women Employed - Employment opportunities and information for women in the workforce
State Jobs and Federal Jobs
- California/Government Job Listings - State jobs and required exams
- Federal Government Job Listings - Official US federal government employment site
Videos on this Topic