A Culture Of Service To Our Community
At MiraCosta Community College we value our community and service to others as an opportunity to help students build cultural and social capital. The Service Learning and Volunteer Center helps students connect to service opportunities and helps students track their volunteer hours. Students who document and submit proof of hours to the Service Learning and Volunteer Center can receive recognition for their service upon completing 50 or 100+ hours. These hours are often used to explore career paths, connect course-work to real world experiences, apply for scholarship applications and to incorporate these experiences onto transfer applications.
sign-up to receive our newsletter!
Join our email list to receive our MiraCosta College Service Learning & Volunteer Center Newsletter, and learn about volunteer opportunities!
The Volunteer Program is very similar to service learning, but does not require students to be enrolled in a class that offers service learning. This program also connects students with community. Any student can participate in this program and earn two certificates:
- MiraCosta Volunteer Service Award: requires 50 documented hours of volunteer service in any non-profit organization or public school within one year.
- MiraCosta Presidential Volunteer Service Award: requires 100 hours of volunteer service at any non-profit organization or public school within one year.
Deadline to submit volunteer hours is April 15, 2022.
Join Our Team And Discover The Power Of Service!
"It is easy to get caught up in a busy lifestyle, but it takes just a couple of hours to remind yourself why you are really here and the purpose of life." - Kaley Badger, MiraCosta Student
Are you a student who likes to help others and make a difference in the community? If so, the MiraCosta Volunteer Program is for you! Join our team of enthusiastic students who change lives and improve communities. Students who enroll in this rewarding program will:
- receive information about volunteer events and opportunities
- be invited to special events and gatherings
- record their volunteer hours and receive a service history document
- be eligible to apply for service/volunteer scholarships
- explore careers and network with professionals
- have the opportunity to work with diverse groups of individuals
- develop a sense of civic responsibility for the issues that impact your community
- write about these experiences in their personal statements when application for UC or private schools
- be eligible to earn awards
- 50 service hours: MiraCosta Volunteer Service Award
- 100 + service hours: MiraCosta Presidential Volunteer Service Award
Email email@example.com to learn more about this exciting program and to receive a volunteer booklet.