The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
- Delores Loedel
- France Magtira
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Associate Faculty, Communication Studies
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2020-2021
- President: Cherise Camacho
- Executive Vice President: Nadine Orriss
- Vice President of Records: Kristina Quandt
- Vice President of Finance: Tonya Devitt
- Vice President of Service: Robert Bennett
- Vice President of Public Relations: Brittany Engel
- Vice President of Scholarship: Christopher Burroughs
- Vice President of Fellowship: Arian Nazari
- Honors in Action Chairs: Negar Farahbakhsh and Lauren DiPietro
- College Project Chairs: Lorena Paringit and Michelle Hargrove
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Received an Invite?
Congratulations! Enter your passcode or email to accept your invitation.
Video: Phi Theta Kappa Membership FAQs
- Recording: PTK Welcome Back and Orientation
View a recording of the PTK Welcome Back/Orientation from February 10, 2021 by clicking the link above.
- Recording: [Virtual] Induction Ceremony
View a recording of the [Virtual] Induction Ceremony from March 12, 2021 by clicking the link above.
- 2021-2022 Officer Elections
Interested in becoming a Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Chi Lambda Chapter 2021-2022 officer? Now is your chance! We are accepting applications for all positions. Click on HERE to start the application. Deadline to apply is MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Zoom with Your PTK Officers: March 31 at 6:00 p.m.
Want to connect with this year's chapter officers and learn more about their officers? Pop by our online meeting on Wednesday, March 31 at 6:00 p.m. Click HERE for the link.
- Save the Date - PTK Catalyst (National Convention): April 8-11
All current members are invited to attend PTK Catalyst where you will hear fabulous and inspiring speakers! This is a special opportunity provided to you by your chapter here at MiraCosta College. Take a sneak peek HERE!
- Watch for viewing links to be sent from PTK headquarters the week of April 5. Please
review and update your email address and preferences at ptk.org to ensure you receive these important event communications. Here’s how:
- Click your name once it appears to view and edit your preferences.
- Enter your login credential;
- Go to the PTK Members Page and click the Login button;
- If you are unable to view PTK Catalyst 2021 live due to time zone differences, you will be able to view all sessions after their debut, on-demand, at your leisure.
- Follow PTK on social media (Instagram @phithetakappa ) for all the latest PTK Catalyst news as we count down to our Opening General Session!
- Watch for viewing links to be sent from PTK headquarters the week of April 5. Please review and update your email address and preferences at ptk.org to ensure you receive these important event communications. Here’s how:
- Volunteer Opportunity - Drive-Thru Farmers Market:
Volunteer with PTK this semester at the MiraCosta Drive-Thru Farmers Markets. The dates are below and the time commitment is 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Click here to sign up and mention PTK in the comments so we know how many from PTK will be there to volunteer. We will reach out to you to bring a chapter t-shirt for you to wear at the event.
- Monday, March 8 - OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C
- Wednesday, March 17 - Community Learning Center - Parking Lot CLC-1
- Monday, April 12 - OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C
- Wednesday, April 21 - Community Learning Center - Parking Lot CLC-1
- Monday, May 10 - OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C
- Wednesday, May 19 - Community Learning Center - Parking Lot CLC-1
- Monday, June 14 - OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C
- Wednesday, June 16 - Community Learning Center - Parking Lot CLC-1
Congratulations are in order!
Four of our very own PTK Alpha Chi Lambda members have made the semifinalist round for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship. Vice President of Service, Robert Bennett and Vice President of Scholarship, Christopher Burroughs are two of the semifinalists. Chapter members, Fatima Roy and Askar Bashirov are also semifinalists. Congratulations and good luck to all!