The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
- Delores Loedel
- France Magtira
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Associate Faculty, Communication Studies
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2020-2021
- President: Cherise Camacho
- Executive Vice President: Sydney Contreras
- Vice President of Records: Kristina Quandt
- Vice President of Finance: TBD
- Vice President of Service: Robert Bennett
- Vice President of Public Relations: Brittany Engel
- Vice President of Scholarship: Christopher Burroughs
- Vice President of Scholarship: Arian Nazri
- Honors in Action Chairs: Negar Farahbakhsh and Lauren DiPietro
- College Project Chairs: Lorena Paringit and Michelle Hargrove
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Received an Invite?
Congratulations! Enter your passcode or email to accept your invitation.
Video: Phi Theta Kappa Membership FAQs
- Welcome Back Online Event - Wednesday, Sept. 9th / 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.: Join us for our Fall PTK Orientation and Welcome Back event! Four lucky attendees will win an awesome PTK Alpha Chi Lambda t-shirt. If you can't attend on September 9, join us on September 10 at 1 p.m. as we will host another Orientation and Welcome Back event where we will have four more t-shirt winners! Zoom password provided in the newsletter.
- Welcome Back Online Event - Thursday, Sept. 10th / 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Join us for our Fall PTK Orientation and Welcome Back event! Four lucky attendees will win an awesome PTK Alpha Chi Lambda t-shirt. Zoom password provided in the newsletter.
- Fall Induction Ceremony - Friday, Oct. 9th / 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.: Save the date for our Fall PTK Induction Ceremony! Invitations and Zoom information will be provided in an upcoming newsletter. Four random attendees will receive one of our awesome PTK chapter t-shirts!
- Volunteer Opportunity - Drive-Thru Farmers Markets: Volunteer with PTK this semester at the MiraCosta Drive-Thru Farmers Markets. The
dates are below and the time commitment is 11:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Please sign up and mention PTK in the comments so we know how many from PTK will be there to volunteer.
We will reach out to you to bring a chapter t-shirt for you to wear at the event.
- Tuesday, September 22 (OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C)
- Tuesday, October 13 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)
- Tuesday, October 27 (OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C)
- Monday, November 9 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)
- Tuesday, November 24 (OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C)
- Monday, December 14 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)