Attention Students: The APC is closed for in-person services (including exam proctoring) for the remainder of the summer and fall semester. We are open for remote services and support during this time. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
For current updates, please follow us on Instagram @miracostaapc.
What is Proctorio?
Proctorio is a remote proctoring service that works within your web browser to guarantee test security and academic integrity.
How does Proctorio Work?
Proctorio uses the Google Chrome browser and the Proctorio extension to monitor you during your exam. Depending on the exam security settings enabled by your instructor, Proctorio can monitor movement, sound, additional browsers, ect. to ensure students are abiding by the required exam settings.
How do I get started?
If you do not have the Chrome browser, you will need to download and install Chrome. You must use a computer or laptop (Windows or Mac) with a working webcam and microphone. Currently, Proctorio does not work with mobile devices. You will also need to install the Proctorio extension for Chrome.
What do I need for Proctorio:
- A webcam
- A picture ID (Student ID works)
- Solid internet connection
- Google Chrome and Proctorio Extension
- A quiet place to take your exam
For more information about Proctorio, including support for test takers and privacy/security, visit: https://proctorio.com/support
Zoom proctoring is offered by the Academic Proctoring Center for Challenge Exams and for some online courses (approved on a case-by-case basis). With Zoom proctoring, you will be in a one-on-one session with a proctor from the APC.
Below are the requirements needed for a Zoom proctoring session:
- A secure, private testing space
- No other people are allowed in the testing space
- Other electronics must be powered off and put away
- No notes or study materials are allowed
- A scanner or mobile app, such as Adobe Scan or the scanning feature within “Notes” on the IPhone
- A functioning webcam AND microphone
- A picture ID ready to show BEFORE you begin the exam
Once your appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email containing information regarding your appointment and your specific exam parameters.