The APC will be offering in-person proctoring services for the Fall 2022 semester. Some limited remote (Zoom) proctoring will be available by prior approval. Please contact email@example.com for assistance or for an exam appointment.
For current updates, please follow us on Instagram @miracostatesting.
Student Information for In-Person Proctoring
When using the services provided by the Academic Proctoring Center, students will be responsible for reading and abiding by the following policies as well as abiding by the Standards of Student Conduct Policy (AP 5500).
Scheduling an Appointment for an In-Person Proctored Exam
- Students are required to schedule an appointment to take an exam. All students must adhere to the following appointment policies:
- Only students who make an appointment are guaranteed a space or time to take an exam.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the seat may not be available.
- Same day appointments are limited and offered on a case-by-case basis and subject to availability.
- The instructor will be notified whenever a student does not show up for a scheduled appointment.
- A student who misses an appointment is not guaranteed another appointment for the
same test. This will depend on appointment availability and the policy of the instructor
regarding a missed exam time.
Makeup exams must be scheduled in person, over the phone, or by email (not online).
APC Use Policies
- Make an appointment to use the Center and arrive on time. Please allow 15 minutes to find parking and to walk to the center. An appointment time should be chosen that allows for the exam’s full time limit. (All outstanding test materials are collected at the Center’s posted closing time.)
- Provide acceptable photo identification (MiraCosta College Student ID card, California Driver’s License or California State ID card, High school ID card from a San Diego county high school, High school yearbook with an individual photo of student and student’s full name, ID card from another community college or post-secondary institution, Military ID card, Passport).
- Turn off cell phones, smart watches, and other electronic devices and place all personal belongings in a designated area.
- Use the restroom before starting your exam. If you need to take a bathroom break during your exam, your time will not stop and your instructor will be notified. It is at the instructor’s discretion whether or not to accept an exam that has had unauthorized breaks.
- Arrange childcare off-campus when using the APC.
- Be courteous and respectful to other students and staff.
- Abide by test instructions on the test transmittal form submitted by the instructor.
- Use only APC provided and instructor approved materials (e.g., calculators, pencils, erasers, scratch paper, ruler). All materials, including student notes allowed on open note exams will be collected and returned to the instructor.
- When taking an exam on CANVAS; if you are accessing any websites, documents or other resources outside the exam window, you will be dismissed and a written incident report will be sent to the instructor. Please note that your activity on the computer is being monitored and can be recorded by APC staff.
- The APC is to be used for test purposes only. No preparation or studying in the APC is allowed.