The APC will be offering in-person proctoring services for the Spring 2023 semester.
For current updates, please follow us on Instagram @miracostatesting.
Student Information for In-Person Proctoring
When using the services provided by the Academic Proctoring Center, students will be responsible for reading and abiding by the following policies as well as abiding by the Standards of Student Conduct Policy (AP 5500).
Scheduling an Appointment for an In-Person Proctored Exam
- Students are required to schedule an appointment to take an exam. All students must adhere to the following appointment policies:
- Only students who make an appointment are guaranteed a space or time to take an exam.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the seat may not be
available and the student may
need to reschedule their appointment.
- Students who arrive late may not have their full testing time.
- Same day appointments are extremely limited. We highly encourage scheduling in advance.
- The instructor will be notified whenever a student does not show up for a scheduled appointment.
- A student who misses an appointment is not guaranteed another appointment for the
same test. This will depend on appointment availability and the policy of the instructor
regarding a missed exam time.
Makeup exams must be scheduled in person, over the phone, by email, or via chat. They cannot be made using the
online appointment system.
APC Use Policies
- Make an appointment to use the Center and arrive on time. Please allow 15 minutes to find parking and to walk to the center. An appointment time should be chosen that allows for the exam’s full time limit. (All outstanding test materials are collected at the Center’s posted closing time.)
- Provide acceptable photo identification (MiraCosta College student ID card, California Driver’s License or California State ID card, high school ID card from a San Diego county high school, high school yearbook with an individual photo of student and student’s full name, ID card from another community college or post-secondary institution, Military ID card, Passport).
- Turn off cell phones, smart watches, and other electronic devices and place all personal belongings in a designated area.
- Use the restroom before starting your exam. If you need to take a bathroom break during your exam, your time will not stop and your instructor will be notified. It is at the instructor’s discretion whether or not to accept an exam that has had unauthorized breaks.
- Arrange childcare off-campus when using the APC.
- Be courteous and respectful to other students and staff.
- Abide by test instructions provided by the instructor.
- Use only APC provided and instructor approved materials (e.g., calculators, pencils, erasers, scratch paper, ruler). All materials, including student notes allowed on open note exams will be collected and returned to the instructor.
- When taking an exam on CANVAS; if you are accessing any unauthorized websites, documents
or other resources
outside the exam window, your exam will be ended and your instructor will be notified via CARE Referral. Please
note that your activity on the computer is being monitored and can be recorded by APC staff.
- No preparation or studying prior to your exam appointment in the APC lab is allowed.