The Placement Process
The MiraCosta placement process provides you with the information you need to get started in the math and English courses that best support your academic journey. Complete the placement process in a variety of ways:
The MiraCosta CCCApply application may ask you to provide the following:
- High school GPA
- Highest high school math/English course completed
- High school math/English coursework and grades
Have your high school transcript information accessible while applying to help with this step. Students who provide this information on the application will receive an email with their math and English placement within a few days. This placement notification is also available in the Message Center located in your SURF Student Center.
Didn't Provide Information On The MiraCosta Application?
Submit any of the following to Testing Services to complete the placement process:
- Official or unofficial high school transcript (email with SURF ID to email@example.com).
- Multiple Measures Self-Report Update form
Based on how your cumulative, unweighted high school GPA and courses completed meet the multiple measure criteria, students may be placed directly in transfer-level or transfer-level with concurrent support English and mathematics courses.
If you would like information and/or access to math and English courses outside of your initial placement, you may contact the Testing Services office (760.795.6685) to learn about our Guided Self-Placement process. Some students may take an ESL Guided Placement Process for English/ESL placement.
- You must have an Application for Admission on file and a SURF ID number to complete the placement process.
- We are excited to share that California State Law AB 705 gives more students the opportunity to enroll directly in transfer-level (or transfer-level with support) math and English courses via the placement process
- Contact the Testing Office at 760.795.6685 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need more information.
We are excited to share that California State Law AB 705 gives more students the opportunity to enroll directly in transfer-level (or transfer-level with support) math and English courses via the placement process.Visit our page on AB 705 for more information.